Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Mystery #125 – Cheese

Joey Presents: Great Mysteries of the Universe
Mystery #125 – Cheese

For some reason people have been requesting personalized Mysteries lately. Whatever. This one is for Rachel Mammen, because she makes me think of sunshine. Also, Rachel, if you’re reading this, I think you should give up on Mark and find yourself a guy with the last name “Banamen”, and then hyphenate that sucker. Think about it... Anyways, given the choice between writing about Nashville, Cheese, or “some combination of the two”, I decided dairy was just more my thing.

At first glance I don’t find much all that mysterious about cheese. It’s delicious, especially when it’s on my sandwich, and sometimes there are holes in it. My only qualm, really, is that there aren’t more options open to the fervent cheese fan. What we need is cheese in new and exciting ways. E-Z Cheese is good start (everything should be in a medium where it can be conveniently sprayed onto a cracker, even crackers) but I want more, dramatic cheese innovations available to me.

Perhaps a cheese soft drink of some sort? Before you start exercising your gag reflex, think about it. They already have cream soda, so dairy isn’t necessarily taboo, and there are crazier flavors out there. Root beer technically tastes like Sassafras bark. To boot, actual Sassafras bark has been banned because it’s carcinogenic. That’s right, cancer flavored soda. Now who wants an ice cold can of Dr. Munster?

No comments:

Post a Comment