Sunday, September 9, 2007

Mystery #148 – Semicolons


Joey Presents: Great Mysteries of the Universe
Mystery #148
Semicolons

I don't like the idea of semicolons. Well, let me rephrase that, I don't like the moniker. The fact that uncircumcised colons exist is perfectly fine by me. I lose little sleep at night to think that some colons have a little tail and other colons just have the dot thing going on. What I don't approve of, though, is that the latter have some crazy superiority complex against the former. So what if semicolons (or, as I will henceforth refer to them, "differently-abled colons") have made a different lifestyle choice? Certain bigoted period duos have no right to judge. Does that little extra flourish make DAC's less human, as it were? If I had a tail, would I be called a semi-person? No, because that's prejudice. And prejudice is wrong. So stand with me, my friends, stand against the colons and their punctuation Nazi hate regime.

Plus, according to Wikipedia Shakespeare used semicolons; isn't that neat?

No comments:

Post a Comment