Friday, February 13, 2009

Finally jumping on the bandwagon… my 25 things!!!

False.


Joey Presents: Great Mysteries of the Universe

Mystery #108 – “25 things about me” blogs

I’m not even sure we can call it a bandwagon anymore, seeing as 90% of facebook now seems to be riding it. In my head, I picture something more like the field at the Cardinal’s stadium: some

huge, lurching monster on rails, loaded with college students.


It strikes me how easily we’ve given in to this, though. We’ve fought so fiercely to protect what is ours, first myspace and then facebook, from the toddlers on one side and the grown-ups on the other. We’ve been the guy sitting on the plane between two fat people, elbows working overtime at the armrests – “Hey, man, this is my domain. Find your own.” In a way, to me, this whole chain-letter-mania is finally the point where the fat flaps close in. The hipster suffocates silently in his sleep, his seat mates casting lots for his uneaten peanuts. My grandma sends me bumper stickers, and my little cousin updates his status at recess. Our world is finally, for the second time, taken over.

The question is, will we run again? Will there be yet another internet promise land to hold our generation of hipster web-refugees? Probably, but until some new, awesome place is founded which is totally for young people only and where adults will totally never understand, man, we seem to be getting along pretty well sharing the sandbox.

Oh and, uh, forward this blog to thirty of your closest friends or unicorns will eat all your underpants.



(Note: I realize the joke of this blog loses its luster when not on facebook. Deal with it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment