Monday, December 31, 2007

Mystery #134 – True Love

Joey Presents: Great Mysteries of the Universe
Mystery #134 – True Love

Once upon a time, there was a man named John and a woman named Lynn. They may have been many things, but those details matter not to our tale. The one thing you must know is that John and Lynn were in love.

Which is why, for Valentine’s Day, Lynn decided to give John something very special. It was a book of famous love poems, Sonnets from the Portuguese, by Elizabeth Barrett Browning. And on the inside cover, this is what she wrote:

Feb 14, 1990

John,
I guess I haven’t been very good at telling and showing you how I love you, so I thought a little help from a classic expert would do the trick. After reading, maybe you’ll understand: “How do I love thee?”

I’ll be counting the ways,
Lynn

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Unfortunately, things turned sour and John sold the book to a used book store, which is how I got it. Yeah, I know, that’s pretty much awesome. Ten points for John.

No comments:

Post a Comment