Sunday, May 6, 2007

Mystery #168 - The Oboe

Joey Presents: Great Mysteries of the Universe
Mystery #168 - The Oboe

I'm sorry, Blake, but any instrument that rhymes with "hobo" just starts out on the wrong foot with me. Not a lot of non-band kids are familiar with the oboe, I assume because it isn't one of your standard "I'm in fifth grade and I'm gunna be musical for a year and then quit" instruments. (I'm told this has something to do with reeds, but I'm going to make something up that's more interesting) This is because oboes are made from an ancient and dark magic, and thus require great wisdom and power to wield.

Basically, when I think oboe I think Peter and the Wolf. Peter and the Wolf makes me think of the CARTOON of Peter and the Wolf I used to watch as a kid. THAT makes me think of the other cartoon that was on the same VHS tape as Peter and the Wolf, and so on. By the time I'm done with that oboes are pretty much the last thing on my mind.

So again, sorry Ms. Blackman, but I think I'll stick with trumpets and trombones and the like if it's all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment